Derbyshire Open Arts is an annual, open studio style event, which runs over the late May bank holiday weekend.
Artists who wish to take part need to have a venue anywhere within Derbyshire. It could be your own studio, the local village hall, church hall, your own garden shed or front room even, or anywhere you choose that can be accessed by visitors.
The compulsory Derbyshire Open Arts dates are 25th, 26th and 27th May 2024 but if you would like to remain open longer please enter full details on your application form in the 'other opening times' box. If you are in any way unsure about this or feel you may not be able to find a venue, do contact us and we may be able to put you in touch with a suitable venue which has space for artists. If you have a venue and are seeking artists we can also help.
To join us in 2024 follow the 'how to apply' link on our home page. The entry fee in 2024 is £95/per artist, and is payable by card or paypal at the time of submitting your entry.
Participating artists will have their own page on the website and will also have their own space in our printed brochure which is distributed widely in Derbyshire and the surrounding counties. In addition there will be an electronic version of our brochure available via our website.
What you get for your fee:-
- an entry (including one image) in our popular brochure,
- an all-year-round presence on our website with 7 images, your additional statement of up to 300 words and an optional video link to YouTube, Vimeo or similar
- Promotion opportunities on our social media platforms
- links to your phone number, email, website, social media platforms and online shop
- as many brochures as you wish to have, for you to distribute (although we may need to restrict numbers depending on demand)
- as many A4 posters as you request (although we may need to restrict numbers depending on demand)
- direction signs for the event
- balloons to attract attention to your venue
- car/ window stickers if you require them
Each applicant will receive an email to acknowledge receipt of their application and payment made.
Artists’ Event Guide
We will issue artists with a copy of the Artists’ Event Guide which contains practical guidance on the ‘opening up’ process. We expect this to be issued electronically by early March, together with a flyer for you to print out and add your own details.
The brochures and publicity material are expected to be ready for distribution in early April, We will then contact artists by email to let you know where you may collect from.
Again, if you have any queries on any of the above, please email us as above.